Sunday, July 1, 2012

Serious Pie - Seattle WA, USA

Serious Pie on Urbanspoon 

Serious Pie - How about seriously good! This is one restaurant where I can honestly say even the equine crave the food. If you don't believe me, check out the photo. As we were waiting outside for a table we saw a Seattle police officer and his horse walking up the sidewalk; and I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen if myself, the horse was wanting to walk right into the restaurant.


As for the food, I have had wood fired pizzas before, but this was by far some of (if not) the best pizza I have ever eaten. Now it's not your normal delivery pizza, Serious Pie takes pizza to a whole new level. With succulent creations such as: roasted morel mushrooms, truffle cheese; and, penn cove clams, chilies, house pancetta, lemmon thyme. Really, how are you supposed to have just one?

Well, the answer is this - go at happy hour. You get any pizza you want in a tiny size (6 small pieces) for only $6. For only 6 bucks you can splurge and try a whole bunch. I will suggest that you save a little room for dessert as they are to die for.

If there are any criticisms to make (small ones at that) it would be that the server was kind of slow, but the food came out fast.

KUDOS to you Serious Pie - I will be back.

What I ate: 
Pizza: 
(2) roasted morel mushrooms, truffle cheese - $6 each
(1) penn cove clams, chilies, house pancetta, lemon thyme - $6
(1) Soft cooked egg, mustard green and prosciutto - $6
(1) buffalo mozzarella, tomato sauce, fresh basil - $6
(1) sweet fennel sausage, roasted peppers, provolone - $6
Drinks: 
(1) Pitcher of Big E rootbeer - $15
Dessert:
(1) stacy's rhubarb semifreddo, lavender syrup, pistachios - $8
(1) cannoli, pistachios, strawberry-honey sauce - $8

Total Bill: $73.37

0 comments:

Post a Comment